Contact us

Support


Home > Investment tools > They choose Russia > Bridgestone Corporation

Bridgestone Corporation

The solemn ceremony of laying the first stone of the future plant was held on April 1, 2014, on an 81 ha land plot in the Zavolzhye Industrial Zone, the Ulyanovsk Region, as reported by the Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade.

The plant will be built as part of an investment agreement between Bridgestone, Mitsubishi and Ulyanovsk Region Development Corporation, OJSC.

In Russia, there are already plants built by Continental, a German tire manufacturer, in the Kaluga Region; the Finnish Nokian, in the Leningrad Region; Michelin, in the Moscow Region; Yokohama, in the Lipetsk Region.

24 May 2017
http://www.vestifinance.ru

Japan’s Bridgestone will start works on Stage 2 of the tyre plant in Ulyanovsk Region in 2017, Prime Minister of the Government of Yaroslavl Region Alexander Smekalin has told the journalists today.

“We came to an understanding that Stage 1 is now complete and the company is moving to Stage 2. Pursuant to the Investment Agreement, Stage 2 of the plant is supposed to be similar to Stage 1”, he added in response to question from TASS.

21 December 2016
TASS

Due to global warming, Japanese company Bridgestone is going to move its test site from New Zealand to Yakutia and to test tires in extreme conditions. It has been already determined that the territory of the future test site would be a suburb of Yakutsk with a total area of 119 ha, where the company will create ice tracks meeting world standards. It is planned to create the test site in 2018

20 May 2016
TASS

Bridgestone will open its first Russia/CIS production site in Ulyanovsk Region this May.

The company has invested 12.5 million roubles into the project.

20 February 2016
TASS

Leading Japanese tyre manufacturer Bridgestone Corp has completed construction of production facilities at its first Russian plant in Ulyanovsk, according to the Ulyanovsk Region Development Corporation.

The factory is now in the final stages of construction and production equipment is being installed. It is expected to be put into operation in 2016. Around 12,000 tyres will be manufactured daily during the first stage of production. Full capacity should be reached in 2018. 

The Ulyanovsk factory, located in the Trans-Volga industrial park, is Bridgestone’s first in Russia. The total investment in the project is 12.5 billion roubles (around $180 million). The company is currently recruiting staff, which will number 800 when the factory reaches full production capacity.  

The new factory will be operated by Bridgestone Tire Manufacturing C.I.S. (BMCIS), a joint Bridgestone and Mitsubishi enterprise. Bridgestone will own 90% of the company’s capital, with Mitsubishi owning the remaining 10%.   

16 August 2015
riarealty.ru
Investor
2013
545.5 mln
Jobs: 1600
Ulyanovsk region

Investor profile

Bridgestone Corporation

Japan

Company's website: www.bridgestone.com

T: +81 335670111

Public company

Contact: Mr Masaaki Tsuya, Chief Executive Officer

Bridgestone was founded in Japan in 1931. It its 75-plus years of existence, the company has grown from being a small family-owned business to a multinational corporation. Eighty per cent of Bridgestone’s business comes from the production and sale of tyres for cars, trucks, buses, commercial vehicles, aircraft, motorcycles and construction, mining and agricultural vehicles. The company owns 155 factories and four technical centres in 27 countries. It tests its tyres on nine purpose-built test centres in seven countries.  

Subscribe to Newsletters

Email: