Contact us

Support


Home > Investment tools > They choose Russia > Consorzio Laziale Rifiuti 

Consorzio Laziale Rifiuti 

Colari Group owners are planning to build several waste recycling plants in the Moscow Region.

The Italian company Consorzio Laziale Rifiuti (Colari Group) is planning on building as many as three waste management facilities in the outskirts of Moscow by 2018. The company, represented by President and owner Menlio Cerroni, has been in talks with the Russian UK Eko-Sistema OAO since early December 2014 on the planned co-funded construction of the facilities in the Moscow Region, the Russian company’s General Director Andrei Yakimchuk told Izvestia. Cerroni’s plants in Europe perform the full cycle of waste collection, sorting and recycling, while Russia prefers incineration and landfills. Russia still lacks full-scale waste treatment facilities. Colari’s assessed investment in Russia will amount to $250 million.

Colari Group confirmed its intentions in an interview with Izvestia, saying that they “are ready to invest, depending on market conditions,” which the company sees as favourable at the present time. Yakimchuk noted that Cerroni hopes to build several facilities at once in the Moscow Region, as one plant will not be able to manage the 2.7 million tonnes of waste produced annually by the city.

According to Eko-Sistema, Colari invested €100 million in its most recent project in Argentina, which was completed in autumn 2014.

Colari Group comprises 25 subsidiaries in 10 countries involved in waste collection, incineration (for instance, in Japan) and recycling, waste-to-fertiliser transformations (in France), and by-product biogas manufacturing (80% are sold through the company-owned filling stations, while the remaining 20% cover in-house needs).

Colari Group is a major waste management company in the European Union and around the world.

12 February 2014
Izvestia
Investor
Moscow region

Investor profile

Consorzio Laziale Rifiuti 

Italy

Company's website: www.colari.it

T: 01603081009

Private company

Colari Group comprises 25 subsidiaries in 10 countries involved in waste collection, incineration (for instance, in Japan) and recycling, waste-to-fertiliser transformations (in France), and by-product biogas manufacturing (80% are sold through the company-owned filling stations, while the remaining 20% cover in-house needs).

Colari Group is a major waste management company in the European Union and around the world.

Subscribe to Newsletters

Email: