Contact us

Support


Mitsubishi Motors

A memorandum for cooperation in the area of high-level processing of household waste (HW) in the territory of the Baikal Area has been signed today in Ulan-Ude by Buryatia Head Viacheslav Nagovitsin and Arai Toshikazu, Director of the Department for Cooperation with the RF and CIS Countries at Mitsubishi Heavy Industries at the Baikal Dialogue international forum opened in Baikal.

“The Japanese counterpart jointly with Metropol and state-owned company Atomenergomash plans to build in Buryatia a HW processing and recycling plant”, said the Buryatia Government press service to Baikal Finance.

“Pure waste recycling is an important matter in the territories close to Baikal. The Japanese counterpart proposes using the latest waste processing methods and a big project ultimately aimed at arriving at a HW recycling system has been launched today”, said Viacheslav Nagovitsin at the meeting.

“Technologies to be used in Buryatia are state-of-the-art ones. The same plant is located in a national park of Japan”, said Mitsubishi’s representative Arai Toshikazu.

An intention of environmental cooperation was stated for the first time by the Japanese counterpart a year ago at the previous Baikal Dialogue inter-parliamentary meeting. The plant construction project is ready to be implemented and the Minister of Natural Resources of Buryatia has already chosen the sites for its location.

It should be reminded that construction of 34 household waste landfills with material recovery facilities in districts is planned in Buryatia. Two material recovery plants are also planned to be built in the Central Environmental Area of Baikal in the Kabansk District, and a material recovery plant is to be built in the village of Sukhaya of the Kabansk District. Construction of these facilities will be financed under the 2015—2018 Baikal Lake Protection federal target program: over 2.6 billion rubles in total. The third phase of a material recovery plant is also planned to be built in the south-western industrial hub. This plant will make it possible to process 200 thousand tons of household waste annually.

19 August 2015
baikalfinans.com

Carmaker Mitsubishi Motors will make Japan, Southeast Asia and Russia its core production regions. The company announced car production would be discontinued in the U.S. due to low sales. “Japan, ASEAN countries and Russia will be the main production sites for our company,” Tetsuro Aikawa, the president and CEO and Japan’s sixth largest carmaker, said at a press conference in Japan on Monday, Reuters reports.

In Russia, Mitsubishi Motors owns a 30% stake in the PSMA Rus plant in Kaluga as part of a partnership with French carmaker PSA Peugeot Citroen, which owns the remaining 70% in the plant. The plant has production capacity of 125,000 cars per year. Mitsubishi Motors has no plans to discontinue car production in Russia, a Mitsubishi representative confirmed to TASS.

03 August 2015

Japanese automaker Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corp (MFTBC) will resume truck assembly in Russia in September, the company’s press service told TASS. “Our company will remain on the Russian market. In 2015, expect the share of Mitsubishi Fuso sales to grow to 5% in the segment of trucks with load capacity of 3.5 to 16 tons,” MFTBC marketing department director Michael Kamper is quoted by the press service as saying. “Truck production at the plant in Naberezhniye Chelny will resume in September of this year,” he said.

Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corp. and Daimler AG launched the assembly production of trucks on the core of a Kamaz plant in Naberezhniye Chelny in Tatarstan in 2009.

29 July 2015
Kommersant
Investor
129.0 mln
Republic Of Tatarstan, Buryatia

Investor profile

Mitsubishi Motors

Japan

Company's website: www.mitsubishicorp.com

T: +81 33210211

Public company (TSE: 8058)

Contact: Ms Ken Kobayashi, President and CEO

Mitsubishi Corporation (MC) is a global integrated company operating in virtually every sector of the economy; its interests lie in the field of industrial finance, energy, metallurgy, mechanical engineering, chemical industry, production of consumer goods, environmental business and infrastructure projects. Today, the company's activities extend far beyond its traditional trading business and includes various areas, From the development of natural resources to investment in the retail sector, infrastructure, financial services and industrial production. The multinational staff of the company unites about 60 thousand employees, who are employed in more than 600 consolidated companies and 200 representative offices in 90 countries.

Subscribe to Newsletters

Email: